Menu Plan Monday
Again inspired by Bonnie, I am going to try to do my weekly menu plan (rather than throwing something together from whatever in my cupboard inspires me each day!). This is also part of my new approach to budgeting, given that groceries is one of our largest budget line items. For more menu plans, see Laura's blog.
Monday Salmon macaroni cheese: I just adapted the traditional recipe by adding ½ a large tin of pink salmon, baby capers and some leftover smoked salmon dip (maybe a couple of tbsps). I also left out the breadcrumbs. Quite nice if you like salmon, and relatively easy – does need to bake so that adds some time.
Tuesday Lasagne + green salad. Fresh mango for dessert.
Wednesday Gnocchi with salmon and lime caper salsa (from a jar!). The salmon is leftover from Monday night and the gnocchi is pre-packaged.This should take 10 mins tops!
Thursday Spinach + pumpkin dahl (see Bonnie’s Beans blog for the recipe). Panacotta for dessert (if I get time!)
Friday Steak with fetta and roast pumpkin salad (baby spinach or other preferred lettuce, fetta chunks, small chunks of roast pumpkin and pepitas or sunflower seeds – I don’t use dressings much but this would probably be nice with a balsamic dressing).
Saturday Roast leg of lamb and baked veges. Might try glazing the lamb with lime, pepper and honey.
Sunday Tomato soup with homemade bread.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So ... what time is dinner ?
Post a Comment